In his honor, I made some animated GIFs of him in action with the Sangot (Sickle). The Sangot flow teaches about circles, spirals and continuous movement. It trains how to never 'run out of angle'. I took the liberty to make the GIFs from the below source video.
Other Sonny Umpad posts you may be interested in:
- IN MEMORY OF: Maestro Sonny Umpad (June 26, 1948 - August 24, 2006)
- Today, would've been Maestro Sonny Umpad's 66th birthday! (Jeff Finder on Sonny's Stuff)
- Maestro Sonny Umpad would've been 67 today - posting some great quotes.
- Sonny Umpad: Kniferoll & Angles of Attack GIFs
For further info, please check out:
- Official Site
- Dog Brothers Martial Arts DVD of Sonny Umpad
- Guro Maija Soderholm's blog
- Sonny Umpad's carvings on Jeff "Stickman" Finder's site
- Amazon - Sonny Umpad's Eskrima: The Life and Teachings of a Filipino Martial Arts Master